Taking a break from work is an important part of being productive at work. But most often, we end up missing out or intentionally not taking a break. Does not taking a break from work results in more work being done? The answer is NO. Having regular breaks allows for physical and mental rest to be taken.
Many studies have shown that taking regular breaks helps to revive workers who are able to then perform at a more optimum level when they return to work. Here are some easy tips that we follow
1. Stretch it Out– Feeling stiff? Don’t be lazy. A little stretch can give you that much needed energy boost and keep you going.
2. Grab a Towel– Splash some cold water onto your face to get that a fresh hydrated feeling.
3. Talk it Out– Instead of emailing your co-workers, walk up to their desks and talk in person. This small walk will give you a break from the screen and refresh your mind.
4. Take a Catnap– Sometimes the best way to take a break is shutting those tired eyes. Snooze for 10 mins to give your body and mind a break.
5. Turn up the volume– Listen to your favorite tunes. Listening to music while working at times helps you focus more. But dont forget to put your headphones on!
Breaks are not only necessary to refresh our minds, but also to help us retain information and make better connections. So what are you waiting for? Get up. Breaks are gooooood!